Monday, July 6, 2009

Gourmet Goddess and Gordon!

On Friday we headed off to the Good Food and Wine Show for a fun, but exhausting day of food, wine and the fabulous Gordon Ramsay. Those who know me also know that I am a huge Gordon fan, so you can imagine how excited I was to not only see him cook live, but also to meet him in person. I felt like a teenage girl at a Justin Timberlake concert!! I also have a bit of a confession to make - I may have "accidentally" rested my hand on Mr Ramsay's buttocks for longer than was strictly appropriate. Wrong? Probably. Why? Because I could :) Gordon didn't seem to mind - He was absolutely charming, with a very cheeky sense of humour and more than a little touch of the ratbag about him. And he hardly swore at all ;)

Anyway, here I am with the wicked Mr Ramsay.....


And he even laughed at my jokes.....


And he autographed his latest book.......


As well as getting a bit of Gordon action, we also tasted a lot of different wines, cheeses, olive oils and other produce and came home laden with bags of tasty things that took our fancy. My favourite purchases of the day were some beautiful Australian made glace figs and oranges and an amazing balsamic vinegar with native Lemon Myrtle. I also bought some lovely cheeses (including a to die for marinated Persian feta) and a bottle of Verdelho from Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley. I'm not usually a fan of sweet or dessert wines, (or sweet anything really) but this one was gorgeous.

In other celeb spotting news, we also sighted Garry Meighan, chef and judge on Masterchef Australia and also my biggest chef crush, the feisty frenchman, Manu Feildel *swoon* - being that gorgeous and that bloody talented should be illegal.

If you missed the show this year, put it on your to do list for next year. Who knows, you might even get to squeeze Gordon Ramsay's bum in the process!

But it's all about the food. Really :)

No comments:

Post a Comment